Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week of 2/9-2/13

Just a quick recap since we ran late on Friday...Period 6 must send me their updates of Creon's speech by Sunday night. See the Monk's comment below.

DUE Monday: You are now king/queen/dictator...You need to establish the time period and the circumstances surrounding your ascension. That is, will you be speaking to a supportive audience or a hostile one? Write your Inaugural Address to the masses. In 300 finely-honed words, present yourself as their new leader. Type your speech; include the audience/purpose info for me.

ALSO DUE Monday: Add yourself to a team or teams on the Wiki. Post at least once to Opposing Views and link your comment to the Wiki. Use the tutorial if necessary.

Next week: We will spend next week in class doing a multiple choice boot camp--practice, practice, practice. Out of class you will be adding to the Wiki and Opposing Views.

9 comments:

The Monk said...

I've set up a Nicenet topic on Creon's speech for Group 2 from Period 6

Kabunky! said...

Ms. H, I was writing my address as the first woman president. is that ok?

Ms. H said...

That's fine.

SSNickel said...

I'm having problems logging into my Wiki account... I know I put in the right address and password but it's telling me it's incorrect. What should I do?

StriveforYourDreams said...

the wordle is not working for me. A blank screen comes up after i click go after pasting my speech. The troubleshooting screen says something about changing my firewall, but I have no clue what to do.

Ms. H said...

Ssnickel, it looks like you had Shay add your selections. Is that accurate? Are you "xshout..."? If so, you are listed as never having logged in. Try again. We'll look at it tomorrow.

Ms. H said...

Strive, You need to enable Java in order for Wordle to work. Try that. If not, let me know.

StriveforYourDreams said...

IDK. I thought I had Java downloaded for something else. I'll just e-mail my speech to myself and try it at the library tomorrow.

SSNickel said...

Yes, I had Shay add me to the teams since I could not login under my own account... is this ok or will I have to redo it under my own name?