Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week of 3/2-3/6

Happy March! Snow day tomorrow? We'll see and adjust accordingly.

Due Monday: Synthesis prompt--paper copy. EMAIL it to me by Wednesday. Reading of Ch. 3 in Language and Composition and all of Brave New World--bring both books to class. (Counts as a workout!)

Monday: Review Chapter 3; make connections to your question. Brainstorm topics for BNW argument/synthesis paper. HW: For Wednesday: read article "Everybody is Happy Now." Annotate and use to add to topic list.

Tuesday: In-class AP Prompt: Argument

Wednesday: Discuss "Everybody is Happy Now." Finalize topic lists. HW: Read and score "museum" essays.

Thursday: Review "museum" scored samples and commentary. Distribute Synthesis prompts. HW: 15 minute reading time for sources. Tomorrow: Write response.

Friday: In-class AP Prompt: Synthesis

9 comments:

Ms. H said...

Nice job on the WIKI! The updates are coming in fast and furious. Good look at both sides of the issues.

Now some of you...I haven't heard a peep...

Nada said...

Yes, I am one of those people, but I will get it done. But anyway, what I really need to comment on, or more or less need to ask for, is an email of the synthesis prompt worksheet because I can't find mine anywhere. I'm sorry. I pretty much remember what we need, especially since I'm mostly finished (or so I think), but I'd still really appreciate it if you could send me what I need somehow. Sorry and thanks.

Ms. H said...

Check your email.

The Monk said...

Whoa...hold on...

Do you just want the paper copy of the synthesis PROMPT (the first page?) tomorrow? Or do you want the whole question, edited sources included?

The Monk said...

One more question of the synthesis question. If one of our sources is particularly brief, can we include a seventh source?

Ms. H said...

The whole thing--the question and the sources equal the prompt.

Yes, you may add another source.

SSNickel said...

About emailing the prompt by Wednesday, do you want the sources emailed as well, or just the prompt that we wrote? I have a paper copy of all the sources printed out right now, but emailing all of them would be a different story (I'm at my family's store/office right now which created some issues with saving a large number of documents). Please don't tell me we have to email all the sources in addition to the paper copy =\

Ms. H said...

Ssnickel,

If you can't email it, I can scan the sources into a document. No stress.

SSNickel said...

Yay thank you =)